🔎

• 3

• 4638

• See other questions tagged:
    • almond
Me

Kenzi is the Associate Editor of Food52.

That depends on how finely ground your meal is. Whether or not you can freely swap them out also depends on what recipe you're using it for. You'll only need a 1/2 cup of almonds to yield about 3/4 cup ground almonds (in your food processor), so I might recommend just going out to get them!

Fc_macaroon_830

Joanne Chang is the pastry chef/owner of Flour Bakery+Cafe and chef/co-owner of Myers+Chang in Boston.

Ground almonds are typically not as fine as almond meal so I agree with Kenzi that you should be wary of making the switch. You can grind almonds in a spice/coffee grinder if that helps!

Pasta--fresca
ChefManuela added about 1 year ago

Also depends if almond flour is to be used as replacement of flour. Just measyre after grinding. Important, when grinding bleached whole almonds, add a teaspoon of starch or regular flour to catch the oil that otherwise you will loose on the side of the grinder. www.cooking-class-authentic...