🔎

Voted the Best Answer!

A job well done!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Wow, that's a great looking recipe, and well worth the edit. Have you tried typing all your text into a Word document, and then using the control commands to lift it from the doc into the recipe template? This allows you to avoid having to select the measurement types from the drop down menu for each ingredient. I.e., you can select, copy and paste into the ingredient name field the number + measure + ingredient (such as "1 1/2 cup flour") in a single step. ;o)

Photo_squirrel
LE BEC FIN added about 1 year ago

yes, that's exactly how i started doing it last year.so much easier than having to deal w/ that time wasting drop down window! i actually cut and paste the recipe into the top directions box and then lift the parts from there into the recipe lines . still, w/ all that, FOUR hours. yikers. i think it's because i keep clarifying/improving the directions. sigh.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Yes, I totally understand. For the past year or so, I've been waiting to post my recipes until I've actually tested at least once from my own hard copy first draft (or often, after testing my second hard copy, pre-posting draft). You should see some of the handwritten notes on some of those drafts. I tweak and edit, and edit and tweak, and only then do I upload it. (I have a crazy, scarily-unpredictable laptop that plays games with me, freezing at the most inopportune times, e.g., two minutes before an important conference call, or while I'm posting a detailed recipe . . . so the act of posting itself makes me really nervous!) I cannot imagine going through that for 4 hours. I'd have a stroke. ;o)

3-bizcard

Monumental and it is a work of art, gorgeous recipe.

Sausage2

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

Brava! That is a time consuming recipe entering project! Hats off to you. :)

Un applauso! And to echo sentiments expressed above, it is best to put your recipe first into Word and then cut and paste. Lately the Food52 algorithms have been on a crime spree. You don't want to spend 3 1/2 hours typing your recipe step by step only to see it vanish---which can happen. Or in the case of two part recipes, become scrambled beyond your own recognition.

Dsc00859_2
creamtea added about 1 year ago

who'd ever guess how long it can take to get a recipe just right, clear and concise, replicable, etc. (let alone balanced flavors, good texture, etc.)

Me
wssmom added about 1 year ago

Nice work!!!

Anguyen-headshot-blog

Andrea is cooking teacher, food writer, contributing editor at SAVEUR, and a cookbook author; her latest book is Asian Tofu.

Excellent work. Good recipe writing takes time, can wake you up in the middle of the night, may require do-overs. Keep it up!

Summer_2010_1048
Midge added about 1 year ago

Way to go LBC!

Junechamp

That's an impressive recipe all around. Am especially coveting an already-made recipe of the dough. Curious what other fillings you have used. I'm envisioning limitless possibilities! Merci bien, Mindy!

Photo_squirrel
LE BEC FIN added about 1 year ago

primarily beef empanadas- both small hors d'oeuvre size, and the 6" large ones. pas de quoi, june!(as my dad used to say, facetiously, "Pass duh qwoy")!