🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Celery root/celeriac, broccoli stems, apples: can this make a tasty soup?

I've made soups with celery root/celeriac and apples, and with broccoli and apples, but is combining the three going too far? If so, do you think a soup of celery root and broccoli stems would be good (I don't need to use apples, but I'd really like to use the broccoli and celery root to make something for dinner tonight). Thanks for your help!

asked by CarlaCooks over 1 year ago
Monita_photo

Both ways could be very appealing. The apples will add a little sweetness to the soup. I would do a ration of 2:1 greens to apples and add some sauteed onions or shallots to the mix.

Brocolli in the soup doesn't do much for me, but could you make the celeriac and apple soup and serve a salad or slaw made with the brocolli stems?

Thanks for your answers! I went for it, and am glad I did. The broccoli made it a bit more earthy than just a celeriac and apple soup, and I did add some creme fraiche to it, which was a lovely touch. Along with some garlic whole wheat croutons, it was a lovely meal. Thanks for your help!