🔎

Celery root/celeriac, broccoli stems, apples: can this make a tasty soup?

I've made soups with celery root/celeriac and apples, and with broccoli and apples, but is combining the three going too far? If so, do you think a soup of celery root and broccoli stems would be good (I don't need to use apples, but I'd really like to use the broccoli and celery root to make something for dinner tonight). Thanks for your help!

Monita_photo

Monita is a recipe tester for Food52 and a trusted source on General Cooking.

Both ways could be very appealing. The apples will add a little sweetness to the soup. I would do a ration of 2:1 greens to apples and add some sauteed onions or shallots to the mix.

Maedl added about 1 year ago

Brocolli in the soup doesn't do much for me, but could you make the celeriac and apple soup and serve a salad or slaw made with the brocolli stems?

CarlaCooks added about 1 year ago

Thanks for your answers! I went for it, and am glad I did. The broccoli made it a bit more earthy than just a celeriac and apple soup, and I did add some creme fraiche to it, which was a lovely touch. Along with some garlic whole wheat croutons, it was a lovely meal. Thanks for your help!