A question about a recipe: Lemon Posset

022310f_699

I have a question about the recipe "Lemon Posset" from mrslarkin. How long with this keep in the fridge? I poured my posset into plastic containers with screw - on lids.

asked by mornnen over 1 year ago
Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Hi mornnen! I seem to remember the last time I made it, I stored leftovers for a couple of days.

Hello, if I can add my grain of salt here: I used to make posset when I was a pastry chef at a restaurant in England. The regulations said that dairy products should not be kept longer than 4 days. We seldom had leftovers, but I did have some left for three days once. They were fine to eat, but we didn't serve them, because the textures wasn't as delicate and they had developed a bit of a tough 'skin' on the surface. So, my commis chef was very happy, as he got to eat two possets! In short: they'll be safe for four days or so, but they'll be at their best if eaten within 48 hours.