🔎

A question about a recipe: Citrus Olive Couscous

I have a question about the recipe "Citrus Olive Couscous" from vegetarianirvana. Do you think this would work with regular small pasta, such as orzo? I'm not sure how couscous differs form regular pasta. I like to cook with whole grains though, and it's easier to find whole grain orzo than whole grain Israeli cousous. Thanks.

9476_citrus_olive_cous_cous
Monita_photo

Monita is a recipe tester for Food52 and a trusted source on General Cooking.

Orzo could work as a substitute. You could also try whole wheat regular couscous (not Israeli)

Flavor_drizzles_art
Flavor Drizzles added about 1 year ago

The recipe would need to be adapted for a regular couscous, as the written recipes cooking instuctions would leave you with a "mushy" dish. Perhaps try replacing some of the called for liquid in a standard the stand couscous directions with some citrus juice, and add in the garnishes at the end. Could result in a delicous new dish for you! Good luck

Coconut-panna-cotta-small-for-web
Couldn't Be Parve added about 1 year ago

Israeli couscous is just small round shaped pasta so any other tiny pasta would be a perfectly good alternative.

Baci1
HalfPint added about 1 year ago

I think you can use acini de pepe ("peppercorn")pasta. All the big brands make this shape.