🔎

Lemon Frosting

I am making mini cupcakes for a baby shower and I was planning on doing vanilla cupcakes, half with chocolate ganache and the other half with a lemon frosting. Any suggestions for how to make a lemony frosting?

Go ahead and make a conventional buttercream, and add some finely grated lemon zest - very finely grated, as with a Microplane. Sounds like some lovely flavors!

3-bizcard

Voted the Best Answer!

I agree with Cynthia, it would be wonderful. You could also consider a cream cheese icing and add lemon zest to that. I use 8 oz room temperature cream cheese, 8 oz room temperaure butter, 3 cups confectioners sugar, lemon zest. Cream the butter and cream cheese, add the sugar and lemon zest and beat until smooth and a spreadable consistency, If too thick add a tsp or two of milk or even some freshly squeezed lemon juice.

Yum, Suzanne!

P1291120
SeaJambon added about 1 year ago

If you really want to "lemon it up", add a bit (1 tsp or less) of Lemon Oil to your buttercream or cream cheese frosting.