Defrosting cooked chicken that froze by mistake

Earlier this week I made chicken Marbella that I planned to serve to guests tonight. (Chicken Marbella = thighs and breasts baked with prunes, olives, garlic, oregano.). But when I took it out of the fridge a few moments ago I discovered it was all frozen - fridge obviously too cold - long story.

Anyway, I need advice on the best way to thaw and reheat it so it doesn't get dry or tough. I have about 6 lbs. Help much appreciated!!

asked by TobiT over 1 year ago
Waffle3

The best / safest way to thaw is in the refrigerator. Assuming you can get the temperature under control, let it sit there until time to reheat. Pop it back in the oven at the same heat at which it was originally baked until it comes back up to 165F. I wouldn't worry about quality; you should be fine.

Unfortunately, just discovered hole between freezer section and fridge section in fridge - so the fridge temp is definitely NOT under control! However, it is tightly wrapped on counter ... In a pretty chilly kitchen.