🔎

• 4

• 938

Sangria recipes

Wholefoods_user_icon
Pict1821

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Here are some to get you started: http://food52.com/recipes...

Here's one that works for me (while blood oranges are in season); 8 ounces pomegranate juice (POM tm), juice from two blood oranges. Dry white wine. Out of season, SanPelligrino has just introduced a blood orange sparkling water, "Aranciata Rossa" if you like your sangria on the fizzy side. The aranciata rossa is 16% fruit juice.

Photo-2
casey_ added about 1 year ago

Here's a cheap and fast version: Dissolve 2 T of white sugar into 1.5 cups warm water. Mix in 1/4 triple sec, 1/4 cup brandy (inexpensive is ok) and one 750ml bottle of red wine. (a $10 bottle of tempranillo works nicely). Add sliced orange, chopped apples and nectarines (if in season). Let chill for a few hours but refrigerating overnight revolutionizes the flavor.

P1030363
TheBunAlsoRises added about 1 year ago

Since it's getting warmer, I love using something bubbly like Proseco. Add some Cointreau, a few tablespoons superfine sugar, and fruit of your choice. Let it sit for a few hours (if you can!) and drink up.