🔔
🔎

Mother's Day dessert ideas

Have a family friend coming over for Mother's Day. Problem is she is diabetic and cannot have dairy. Found some recipes but was hoping to get some tried out ones. Preferably a cake of some sort.

Thanks

asked by ZombieCupcake about 2 years ago
2f4926e2-248b-4c22-a6f7-8f2d888b8488.3-bizcard

You could make this "fancy pavlova" but sub powdered stevia for sugar and fill with a whipped coconut cream, add berries and it would be a delicious dessert.
http://food52.com/recipes...

16f72ccb-3197-434b-a946-8e9e68a3715f.cristina-014-web-final

I like serving coconut sorbet, topped with a tumble of fresh berries. I know it sounds simple--and it is, to put together--but, served in cocktail coupes, it can look quite fancy. (Garnish with mint leaves, if you like.)

You could also make mini frozen banana "popsicles": Cut a couple of bananas into two-inch tall coins. Dip half of each coin into melted dark chocolate, and then scatter each with crushed almonds. Insert a popsicle stick into the non-chocolate end of each coin, move them all to a baking sheet, and stick them in the freezer for a few hours, until you're ready to serve. (If you want to be adventurous, add a little cayenne pepper to the melted dark chocolate.)

B0e51b35-a002-4fdd-adc2-f06fa947184e.baci1

I would make a granita, sweetened with sucralose. A coffee granita topped with whipped coconut cream is heavenly.