🔎

• 5

• 812

How many meatballs for 250

Monita_photo

Monita is a recipe tester for Food52 and a trusted source on General Cooking.

Depends what else you are serving. Are they appetizers being served with other things? 4 per person. Are they part of a main course and will be 1 1/2 " sized? 2-3 per person. One pound of meat (pork, beef, chicken, turkey, veal) mixed with other typical meatball ingredients will yield 12-14 1 1/2 " meatballs

dymnyno added 11 months ago

I usually figure about 6 ounces of meat per person when planning a large party. Since meatballs have other fillers, like breadcrumbs and veggies, I would use about 4 ounces of meat per person which makes about 5 one inch meatballs. I am assuming that they will be on something like pasta, grits, or polenta so 85 pounds of meat will be what you need. That sure sounds like a lot of meat, but 250 people is a lot of people to cook for. If it is for lunch you can probably serve less.

angelsmayes added 11 months ago

Thanks!!

It also depends on the size of the meatball and the context. Are these going to be small "polpette" or big gut bombs? Still, you are talking about 750 to 1000 meatballs.

thelittlechef added 11 months ago

it depends if the meat balls are alone or accompanied with another dish. usually with pasta 5 per person is a good serving but you can get away with four. if they are an appetizer than three would be a suitable amount per person. considering these calculations 1250 for with another side without skimping, 750 for appetizers.