Summer buffet

I am helping my mother throw a summer buffet for her friends. She really wants to include a beef tenderloin with little rolls and shrimp remoulade. She also only wants to use a fork. Any suggestions for the sides that I can prepare?

asked by Robin O'D over 2 years ago

sexyLAMBCHOPx is a trusted home cook.

A crunchy, vinegar slaw may be nice or I posted this recipe that packs a lot of flavor

added over 2 years ago fruit salad would be great for a warm day or spinach pesto with feta

There are some great corn salads on food52.

Tenderloin is a flavorless cut of meat, Tender juicy expensive but flavorless. Invest your time in a robust sauce, and subtle side dishes that don't compete with the meat. Also the tenderloin without a knife??? Maybe some lamb chops would make more sense? If you insist on the tenderloin try some roasted baby youkon potatoes, with lemon and fresh herbs, asparagus with a light hollandaise? vegetables in general on the grill are great for this time of year

a quinoa or israeli couscous salad might be great. Some type of slaw or maybe a tomato salad (we had great tomatoes at the farmers market this week).

I make a version of this cous cous dish with all varieties of grains and herbs. It is flavorful and filling and would be great with steak or shrimp: