🔔
🔎

Is there an easy way to separate a whole cheesecake from the bottom of a springform pan? I'd prefer 2 serve it on a cake plate.

asked by @FoodDocent about 4 years ago
Kroka_kitchen

You could try lining the pan with a circle of parchment paper.

Use an offset spatula to separate the cheesecake from springform base. Slide spatula blade under, pressing it down firmly against the base. You should be able to slide it off onto yr plate.

Tally

You might try running a long piece of floss or sturdy thread under the cheesecake to free it from the bottom of the pan. Once its been freed, find your two (or three) widest spatulas and slide them from either side under the cheesecake and carefully move it to the awaiting platter. You might need an extra pair of hands to help you with the transfer. Making sure the cheesecake is well chilled would probably help with the transfer.

Cakecake

If it's a springform, and therefore 99% covered by the cake, couldn't you just set the cake and springform base on a cake plate? I've done this before purely for aesthetics, and it's looked fine.

If you'd rather get rid of the pan entirely, though, I agree with Mplscitified.. you'll want to separate the cake from the pan with a piece of string, or even wire, before attempting to get it off the pan.