What are good quinoa recipes?

asked by Nina Bean over 2 years ago

I like it for breakfast with blueberries, honey, cottage cheese, pecans, cinnamon and cardamom

We love it as a salad, just adding onion, tomato, cucumber, nuts, even grilled eggplant or zucchini and perhaps chick peas and feta then toppeds with mint, cilatro, basil or whatever you have.

sexyLAMBCHOPx is a trusted home cook.

Lemon Herb Quinoa with Hemp Seeds, Spring Peas, and Basil (do a search on this website) is perfect for the warm weather. I've used this recipe a few times, once as written and other times with variations. However, my favorite to date on this site is the "One Pot Kale & Quinoa Pilaf" that's on this site.

It's not really chili season, but i love this recipe:,
and this one is one of my very favorites on this website:
(Try using plain yogurt in place of the cream cheese. Even better in my humble opinion.)

Well, I just posted this via my Comfort Food -- Refreshed blog. Tri Berry Quinoa! Seasonal right now, super light and you can bulk it up with legumes to make for a main dish. http://wholefoodsmarketcooking...

One pot kale and quinoa pilaf recipe from Food 52. I don't know how to attach a link. Can someone help me?

There you go, Food odyssea!

I like to turn leftover quinoa (and other grains) into these hearty crepes And for anyone who was saddened to read about the quinoa "crisis" ( I was thrilled to find that they are growing quinoa right here in Colorado. I have yet to try it but apparently it has morphed into a new, black quinoa and is supposedly really good.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I like quinoa salads. This one is among my favorites

Liz the Chef just posted one on this week's contest using herbs and shrimp. (Bonus: she lost 23 pounds eating great grains like quinoa)

Just another comment with regard to quinoa; people tend to cook the crap out of it. It cooks up faster than white rice. Don't abuse it.

This recipe has a big fan base among my friends and relatives:

Breakfast "oatmeal". Into the rice cooker with cinnamon and milk, then serve with passion fruit and yoghurt. YUM.

Given the large number of recipes involving quinoa in the Food52 recipe database, I would suggest you could do not better than to dip into this valuable resource by simple typing in the word quinoa and press the search button. All will be revealed.

Mark Bittman has an excellent Quinoa salad with sweet potatoes, red bell peppers and avocado on his blog/website that is to-die-for.