A question about a recipe: OMG! Coconut Pound Cake

2013-0604_coconut-pound-cake-014

I have a question about the recipe "OMG! Coconut Pound Cake" from ChefJune. I think I just ruined the cake, I forgot to mix the 1 cup of flour before the eggs, I did it after & the cake is in the oven & very wiggly after 40 min. of cooking

asked by nll 12 months ago
Monita_photo

I think you will have a problem if you forgot the 2nd cup of flour. You may want to start again if you have enough ingredients

nll

I didn't forget the 2nd cup, it's said to add the 1st cup of flour and then the eggs, I did the eggs then the flour

Monita_photo

Sorry - just re-read. You did add the 3=2nd cup but just not at the right time. It should be ok. Make sure your oven is at temp but it may take a little longer because every oven is different. Don't despair yet

nll

also it calls for cane sugar and the woman at store said Sucanat was cane sugar, don't think I should have used it

Monita_photo

Sucanat should be ok. If your oven is at the right temp, and the pan is the right size, the cake should be ok. But if the top is getting too dark and it's still wobbly after an hour something did go wrong but I'm not sure what else it could be.

nll

Thank you I'll keep you posted

Monita_photo

I'm sure it will be delicious

nll

Well just to let you know it did not turn out, I think the flour goes in first to absorb the fat then the eggs, because the cake is very wet from butter sort of like a sponge with melted butter.

Monita_photo

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps Chefjune will offer some advice.