Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

I'd use half the amount of greens -- they'll be more bitter than mustard greens but I think it's worth trying.

Stringio
Nancy Harmon Jenkins

Nancy is a food writer, historian, and author of many books, her most recent being The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook. She also raises olives and makes oil in Tuscany, providing firsthand experience for her forthcoming book about olive oil.

Certainly--in Portugal, the soup is made with a whole variety of wild (and cultivated) chicories. The amount of bitterness varies from one type to another, and from one season to another, but that's what adds interest to the recipe. But what do you do if the soup gets too bitter? Same thing you do with too much salt--add potatoes, cut in dice, and cooked in the stock. It will be a different soup but still, I'm sure, delicious.

Junechamp

Gee, I find mustard greens more bitter than dandies. They're also less "hardy" -- as in they need much less cooking time before they're ready to eat, so I'd adjust the cooking time for them.