Butternut Squash Soup

If I leave out the cream until I warm it up to serve, can I freeze a squash soup? Any suggestions for a savory squash soup?

asked by akrainey almost 2 years ago

You can definitely freeze your squash soup. I would even freeze it with the cream already added in. I have not tried any recipes for squash soup on F52, but there is a good one on that I have used.

This is my favorite butternut squash soup, which I found in the NYT cookbook and here, with a lovely piece by Amanda!

It doesn't call for cream except for creme fraiche at the end on each bowl, but I freeze some every time I make it and then add the creme fraiche later.

Whole Foods has a savory squash soup garnished with crab. It does call for a scant amount of cream, and specifically states that if freezing do not add the crab or cream until ready to serve. You can get the recipe on their site.