Valid in US Only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. Free shipping valid through 11/30 at 11:59pm EST.
🔕 🔔

I have tons of leftover smoked salmon from a brunch on Sunday. Dinner entree ideas?

asked by Summer of Eggplant about 2 years ago

This won't use a ton, but you could make a savory bread pudding with smoked salmon. Once I made mini savory bread puddings in muffin tins (kind if like how some people do with their thanksgiving stuffing) and froze them. So you could use a lot of smoked salmon by making a lot of bread puddings, freezing, and then using them at future brunches.

if it wasn't already frozen, you could freeze some too

If it's good smoked salmon, I'm in the less is more camp. Drape it over a salad with a lemony vinaigrette; have it with drinks, on black bread (or blini, if you feel like working!) and a little creme fraiche & capers/chopped red onion...

For a simple pasta, you can saute some minced shallots, deglaze with a little white wine, then add cream and reduce until slightly thickened, s & p (go light - the salmon is salty) and toss it with hot pasta (farfalle, fusilli, etc.) At the last minute, fold in bite-size pieces of the salmon and some chopped fresh dill too. You want the salmon to just heat thru, not really cook, to retain its texture. A handful of small green peas is nice in there as well.

sexyLAMBCHOPx is a trusted home cook.

I was not aware you could freeze it.

Make a simple frittata and add goat cheese and smoked salmon or a lovely pasta with olive oil, goat cheese, smoked salmon and a pinch or two of hot peppers.

Montreal pizza. Prepared pizza crust (boboli), goat cheese, smoked salmon, red onion, tomato. Cook as directed (appx 8 minutes) Serve with arugula and capers

Creamtea's Not-Quite-Nicoise salad is delicious. I'm willing to bet that autumn vegetables in this salad would be pretty tasty.

I also second healthierkitchen's suggestion to freeze it. Smoked salmon freezes well and it's a very nice food item to have on hand for unexpected guests and dinner parties.

Pasta al vodka similar to ChezHenry's pink sauce. I would use fettucine and go light on the tomato pasta. NOT being a heretic, I say NO CHEESE.

I love smoked salmon quesedillas!

We make empanadas with some ricotta or cream cheese, lemon and smoked salmon or just stir it into scrambled eggs.

Omelette with smoked salmon, chives and creme fraiche in the middle. The salmon goes in at the very end right before you fold. Or roll into packets around a fork and freeze in ziplock bags for next time. Or my not-quite nicoise salad :) .

Whole wheat linguini, sliced zucchini or asparagus, smoked salmon, leeks, goat cheese, lemon zest.

Risotto! with asparagus or peas or both, finished with lemon zest and some juice, dill if you have it, or tarragon or parsley or scallions or whatever you like, and toss chopped bits of smoked salmon in at the end just to warm it through. Also, this may not be to everyone's taste but smoked salmon actually makes quite a nice, if untraditional, chowder. You can find a recipe here:
Good luck!