🔎

• 3

• 410

• See other questions tagged:
    • vegan

A question about a recipe: Perfect Vegan Pie Crust

I have a question about the recipe "Perfect Vegan Pie Crust" from Gena Hamshaw. would it be possible to substitute some of the flour with almond flour, or would that ruin the consistency?

Food52_10-31-12-5604
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Yes, you can substitute almond meal for a portion of the flour. I'd suggest that you replace no more than 2/3 cup. The substitution may well have some affect on the texture of it, but that would not stop me from trying. I've never done this, but based on experience, I would expect it to taste delicious, though it may be a little bit more dense. It also may be somewhat more difficult to handle. (If it doesn't roll out easily because it's too crumbly, just press the dough lightly into the pan with your fingertips.) Let us know how it turns out! ;o)

katie added 5 months ago

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I'm so excited to try it & will definitely let you know the results!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

My pleasure, Katie. ;o)