🔕 🔔

Does cream cheese icing work as ginger bread house glue?

How about the lemon and icing sugar one? Or is the egg white royal icing recipe the only one?

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 2 years ago

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Thanks for that. Do you think using the royal icing as the glue and cream cheese icing as outer decoration might work?

You're welcome (reading back over my post I wish I had an edit option). I don't make cream cheese frosting often but doesn't it start to yellow over time?
It would taste so good with gingerbread. If you are going to "serve" it soon after assembly then I would say go for it, but the nice thing about the boring royal icing is that is indestructable and stays white over a long period of time... I will be curious to hear what others say, good luck!

Royal frosting makes the best "glue".

Karen Mitchell, author of The Model Bakery Cookbook makes a gorgeous gingerbread house for the window of her St Helena bakery of the same name. She uses Royal Icing as the glue. (and it's a pretty big gingerbread house) Her new book has a pattern and all the necessary recipes.