What is your most reliable method for removing oily stains from your table linens?

What is a cloth benapkined bagna cauda lover to do?

asked by twinjadojo 9 months ago

Creamtea's process works. I've also tried some of these from Martha Stewart's stain removal chart:
http://images.marthastewart...

Photo_(4)

Thank you, everyone! I really appreciate your time and expertise.

Dsc00859_2

Forgot to add, repeat the process if any of the stain is left after the first try.

Sepia2a

To begin with I spray everything new with Scotchguard. Especially table linen including linen napkins. As well I spary all my clothes.

Nataliesztern, just a note that not all fabrics are Scotchguard safe. It may cause some dyes to bleed. The can of Scotchguard will caution you to test a small sample of the fabric in an inconspicuous spot to be sure.

About the Scotchguard possibly causing dye to bleed... I speak from sorry experience. Not all fabric dyes are created equally.

Sepia2a

True Pegeen. However I have never had anything bleed. Just lucky, I guess but you are right about that.