Favorite brunch recipes

What are your favorites? Bonus of they can be made ahead.

asked by ATG117 8 months ago
Image

Check Bloody Sunrise Grits Casserole in Food52. It is delicious, easy to make; and presents well. I make it all the time.

Image

It is also even better made ahead because it cuts nicely. Put toppings (cherry tomatoes and pignoli nuts) when reheating.

Frittata!
http://food52.com/blog...

Strada - I make one with potatoes and fontina and another with spinach and feta. Both are assembled the night before and baked in the morning. I also like waffles - which can be made ahead, frozen, and toasted in the morning - green salad and fruit, and biscuit cinnamon rolls.

Strada is always a hit. While not a recipe - bagels with smoked salmon and all the accouterments usually show up at our house with a bloody Mary and mimosa bar. I also typically serve blanched asparagus with a green goddess dip and a fruit salad that isn't your usual grapes and and melon - think blackberries, kiwi, mango, star fruit and orange zest. I also put out muffins and sticky rolls. I know a girlfriend of mine will usually roll out a room temp beef tenderloin with horseradish whipped cream at her brunches - a huge hit. My thought on brunch is it should be easy, something for everyone and most of it made the day before so you just have to unwrap a few things and enjoy.

Photo_squirrel

The first question i ask is- will people all have seats or will they be perching on stairs and sofa arms etc? = Fork food or fork and knife food? And would you prefer it to be mostly hot or rooom temp? And how many guests?