Best DC ethnic (especially Ethiopian) restaurants?

Hole in the walls, lesser know a especially (skip the Top Chef alumni and high dollar) for this round. Thanks!

asked by FutureChef 7 months ago
Dsc_0048b

I skew DC/Wheaton and don't know NoVa so well but there are many, many great places there too. Still exploring best Ethiopian but here are some others: tiny, quirky, only open a few days a week for lunch and more for dinner is SeoulKitchen in Wheaton. Very fresh, new take on Korean food, located in a convenience store and also a food truck. Check twitter for hours. For ramen, I like Ren's Ramen in Wheaton (cash only) and Daikaya near Verizon Center. Burmese - Burma Restaurant in Chinatown might have already closed, but Mandalay in Silver Spring good, and new branch opened downtown but expensive. Hollywood East in Wheaton Plaza for dimsum, Ruan Thai in Wheaton, and Haandi in Bethesda much improved since reno. Eager to hear favorites on Ethiopian!

Gracekelly

Keren for Ethiopian! Great food, and lovely people. Heritage India for good quality Indian Food (locations on Wisconsin Ave, P Street and Penn Ave). Great Wall Szechuan on 14th Street for spicy, spicy chinese food!

I love Dukem on 11th and U and particularly Lalibela in Logan Circle for no-frills Ethiopian. Will have to try Keren on my next trip! Agreed on Great Wall Szechuan though have only gotten takeout.

There's an ethiopian restaurant at about 28th and M in Georgetown.

2013-09-09_13.45.37

Some good advice here, though I will add that Peruvian chicken is also a very local-scene thing to eat around here. I have no preferences. Consult donrockwell.com, a message board for dining/eating in great Metro area; join to post questions. If you have a Twitter acct., follow Tim Carman of the Washington Post for other good advice.

Photo_squirrel

d.c. has an active Chowhound board for active informed restnt discussion. Best Peruvian chicken in VA is Pollo Rico in Clarendon/Arlington.