🔎

• 6

• 509

What is a quahog?

Sms
5254970837_532a2f2e67
halfasiangirl added over 3 years ago

a kind of clam native to the East coast. also: the town where Family Guy is set.

Dsc06467
yvonne_cdeg added over 3 years ago

halfasiangirl I also learned what it is. Thank you !!

Dsc_0015
stinkycheese added over 3 years ago

it's quite a large clam, so it is usually served chopped up and mixed with breadcrumbs, bacon, cheese, etc. and then stuffed back into its shell and broiled. aka "stuffed quahog"....

Desert
anyone added over 3 years ago

I would not say "Usually" It's one way they are served.

It is indeed a big, fat meat clam native to the east coast. And with my left coast bias (although I was born in...) kind of unappealing to my tastes. You need to chop it up and work with it. I think of it as a chowder clam where it's going to cook for a long time and still, in the end no good will come of it.

innoabrd added over 3 years ago

On the east coast you find a number of different sizes of the same kind of clam, with quahog being the largest. Cherrystones and little necks are smaller and often served raw, but never heard of quahogs being served on the half-shell!