🔔
🔎

hi foodpicklers, any suggestions on how to roast fava beans? Anyone tried it before? Any tips are welcome! Thank you.

asked by @sezinc over 4 years ago
Dscn0146_1

I don't know if your looking for the crunchy snack or a tender roasted veggie but here's what we always do with favas: heat the oven to 425 F, wash the pods, but don't pop the beans out. Toss them with coarse salt, maybe some lemon zest and enough olive oil to coat them. Roast 10-15 minutes. You can eat them in the pods, or pop your favas out. We like them roasted, popped out, then crushed on thick toast.

Dsc00426

here's a guest post i wrote for a friend's blog earlier this spring:
http://teachergoesbacktoschool...

I would remove them from the pods and slip them out of the internal covering. Then toss with olive oil, coarse salt, and some sliced shallot. Place on a baking sheet and roast at about 400-degrees F for 10 to 20 minutes (depending on the size of the beans.) Eat as is, add to cooked pasta, or smash with a little lemon juice and olive oil for a fantastic bruschetta topping!