🔔
🔎

Making nashville hot chicken and corn salad, but need another side. Any suggestions?

This is for a dinner party of 8. The chicken will be fried, and I'm making a seared corn and chile salad... but need another side that's fun/not potatoes. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

asked by Daina 4 months ago

With all that spicy food why not a cool cucumber salad? I make this one for company year round:
https://food52.com/recipes...

Image

Agreed - go for a slaw or some other make-ahead salad that'll cool mouths down. Pickles are usually included when it's served traditionally (that is, bone-in between two slices if white bread) so if you've got cucumbers already lying around, you could whip up a homemade batch of those, too.

Thanks for the advice! I am serving it with pickles (as per tradition with hot chicken), but the corn salad isn't spicy. I'll try the cucumbers though, sounds good!

Baci1

How about potato salad?

Looking for something that's not potato based, but thanks for the advice!

Baked beans are pretty classic.

I'm seconding the cucumber salad or slaw of some sort. Even if the corn is not spicy, it's still a little heavy. Having something light and refreshing would be a good idea.

A watermelon and arugula salad would also be nice.