🔎

How much frozen fenugreek is equivalent to one bunch, fresh? I'm planning to make this:

Thank you! ;o)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only
TiggyBee added over 3 years ago

I'm guessing that like any dried to fresh substitution, it's 1 tablespoon of fresh leaves to 1 teaspoon of dried. I'm not sure what an actual "bunch" of fresh fenugreek looks like. The variables on a bunch are huge. Taste along the way and go with your instincts!

innoabrd added over 3 years ago

a recipe with such an exact measurement and you're trying to measure it? As TiggyBee says, go with your instincts!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Actually, I'm not looking for exact measurements, but I don't know what a bunch of fresh fenugreek typically looks like, if their is such a thing . . . I agree, though, that I should just add to taste. I've read elsewhere that fenugreek is a somewhat bitter green, so I will certainly be adding judiciously (and salting too, after thawing and before adding, because I don't care much noticeable bitterness). Thanks! ;o)

Chris_in_oslo

Is it in cubes? I found one recipe that called for one small bunch (fresh) or two cubes frozen.

52
pauljoseph added over 3 years ago

AntoniaJames ''what a bunch of fresh fenugreek typically looks like'' will take one picture of fresh fenugreek from our local farmers market and post by today evening .I don't know how the frozen fenugreel look like?

innoabrd added over 3 years ago

It's pretty much like a bunch of other leafy herbs. Quantity-wise, I'd say more like coriander than something like oregano.

52
pauljoseph added over 3 years ago

Fg This is a bunch ( 300grms ) of Fresh fenugreek leaf(Methi) I am going to make Methi paratha.