🔎

I want to use some almond paste that I have stored in my refrigerator for quite a while. It's pretty firm since it's cold, but I wonder how to know if it's still any good. It doesn't taste or smell bad. Is there another test? Does it have an indefinite shelf life? Thanks.

Jocelyn_2006
Halloween
iuzzini added over 3 years ago

how long is a while? It seems that the two ingredients in most almond paste (sugar and almonds) stay good for a long while, so if it doesn't taste like the refrigerator, the sugar has probably kept the almonds well preserved so it could be fine. Make some rainbow cookies! http://smittenkitchen.com...

Jocelyn_2006
jocelyng added over 3 years ago

It has been a long while, but it was in the butter compartment (with no butter). I'm going to make some Pignoli Nut Cookies. (I already made some Meyer Lemon Pots de Creme with a raspberry sauce for a dinner we're going to tonight, but four little ramekins seems insufficient. And I'm insane.) Thanks!