🔔
🔎

Can someone please tell me how to use grape seed flour? I've seen suggestions from using it to thicken pasta sauces and as an ingredient in bread and cookies. Is it sweet? Does one substitute the grape seed flour for a similar amount of regular flour in baked goods?

asked by Melusine almost 4 years ago
Gator_cake

I have no experience with grape seed flour, but another food52 member elanaspantry has used it for making some baked goods. Here's a link to her blog: http://www.elanaspantry...

Lori and I use grape-seed flour on a regular (almost daily) basis. We add about a tablespoon per cup of dry ingredients to provide rich color, texture, moisture, longer shelf life, and a big boost of antioxidants to any number of baked goods, soups, sauces, stews, and breadings. Right now, we're enjoying a nice Chardonnay pumpkin spice bread (added approx. 5% wt Chardonnay flour to the recipe). Had delicious and healthful Riesling waffles for breakfast. Last week, I thickened some acorn squash soup with flavorful Cabernet Sauvignon flour, and the chocolate notes in the Merlot flour go very well in brownies! Grape-seed flours are relatively high in protein and fiber, packed with polyphenol antioxidants, and gluten-free.