🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

How long will smoked salmon last once the package has been opened then stored in a ziplock in the refridgerator? Hasn't seemed to change color at all but has been 2 weeks. Not sure if it's ok since it's smoked.

asked by CaryNC over 3 years ago
Gator_cake

2 weeks is pushing it in my opinion. I'd probably toss it to play it safe. Per Colorado State University cold smoked salmon has a short shelf life of 1 to 2 weeks in the fridge and 1 month in the freezer. The longer it is stored the bigger the risk of Listeria.

Guess I shouldn't give it to the cats either then. I just hate to waste food. Oh well better safe than sorry.

No question. Toss it. I never hold it for more than 2 days once opened. Even if it doesn't kill you or your cat it's going to taste skanky.

Image

Next time freeze it. Smoked salmon handles freezing really well.

If your serious about storing food, a vacuum sealer maybe something you should consider investing in. They're not too costly and they do a much better job then resealable, ziplock bags.