🔎

A question about a recipe: Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip" from singing_baker. I would like to construct the dish and put it in the fridge overnight and bake it right before guests come. Anyone see any downsides to this? Thanks in advance

012511f_302
Buddhacat
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

I think this will work, no problem. If you're at all worried about the puree getting dense overnight, then simply start with step 3 the day you want to serve the dip. Would be great to at least get the fennel roasting and bean cooking done in advance.

singing_baker added about 3 years ago

Yes, I agree with Amanda. You may want to increase the cooking time by a couple of minutes as well just because it will all be cold from the fridge.

Buddhacat
SKK added about 3 years ago

Thanks Amanda and Singing_Baker, I tried both ways. What worked the best was starting with Step 3 as Amanda recommended. When I full constructed it it was too 'dry', not as creamy as the other way.