What's the best way to braise/roast a small pork shoulder (2.5 pounds) for use in thirshfeld's Pork Lo Mein with Chinese Celery? Thanks! ;o)

Gator_cake

The main thing is to dissolve the collagen so it shreds nicely which means an internal temp of around 200º F for an hour (if I remember correctly.) You could cook it like you do for carnitas (braised in a dutch oven) or what I'd probably do is cook it like I do for indoor pulled pork -- Brine the pork shoulder, then cook on a rack over a rimmed baking sheet, lower middle rack of oven at 325º F covered with foil for 3 hours, then remove the foil and cook another 1 to 1 & 1/2 hours, until the internal temp is 200º. When I do this it's with a boneless pork shoulder, that's been sliced horizontally in half, so you may need to adjust the times.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Hey, thanks, HLA. Never done it that way. Bet it makes the exterior really nice. I was actually interested in what other ingredients to put on or around it while cooking, to make the flavor more interesting. ;o)