🔎

A recipe for young coconuts

A friend just returned from Cambodia raving about eating a fish dish that was baked inside a young coconut
shell. First coconut was opened, liquid and meat removed, then mixed with seafood etc. and whole mixture was then put back in the oven and baked. Does anyone have or know where to find this recipe?

Buddhacat

No, but when you find out, I want to know about it!

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added about 3 years ago

puree the tender flesh & Incorporate it into an ice cream. The flavor is unbelievable!

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added about 3 years ago

ok,.. responded before reading the whole qn... *red faced*. Thought it was a qn about what to do with the flesh that was removed!

52
pauljoseph added about 3 years ago

Try this you may like it Chicken Baked In Coconut Shell http://hubpages.com/hub...

nutcakes added about 3 years ago

pauljoseph, have you made that? A good read. It sounds interesting, except that the chicken just seems stewed.

Buddhacat
SKK added about 3 years ago

Thank you, pauljoseph! I now have a place to start. Some useful tips - I was wondering if the coconut would burn. Seafood sounds better than chicken.