🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Maldon Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll

Pumpkinroll1

I have a question about step 7 on the recipe "Maldon Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll" from 1840farm. It says:

"Prepare clean tea towel by lightly sprinkling with powdered sugar. Carefully turn cake onto towel and allow to cool another ten minutes. Gently roll cake in towel and allow to cool completely." Why do you roll the cake to cool? This looks so good - can't believe I missed it when it posted!!!

1840farmeggsbutton

I'm glad that you liked the recipe. It really is a delicious cake.

Rolling the cake in a tea towel will help in two ways. First, as the cake is cooling, the condensation will be trapped within the towel and help to yield an incredibly moist cake. Second, rolling will help to keep the cake more pliable. If you were to allow the cake to cool in the pan, all of the moisture would escape and the cake would cool and set up as a flat object. If you then tried to roll it, it would most likely break at each turn and not "roll" into the desired shape.

I'd love to hear what you think of the cake once you try it. Please let me know how it works for you.

Happy baking!

036

Thanks! I may try it this weekend for family Sunday dinner! Will report back on the actual recipe post if I do ... yum!