🔎

• 4

• 1134

A question about a recipe: Louisa's Cake

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Louisa's Cake" from SML Office. It says:
"Cream the butter and sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy."

I'm attempting this tonight SANS standing mixer...Are there any other "minimalist" cooks like me who mix by hand?? I'm thinking a whisk and some muscle would work....suggestions? comments?

032211f_288
Dsc04589
Gator_cake

It can be done, though I'd probably use a wooden spoon rather than the whisk. Make sure your butter is nicely softened, too.

LittleKitchen added about 3 years ago

I like to start with a sturdy fork to get things going and then switch to a whisk when the butter softens a bit. It's hard to start with a spatula, but it does help get it fluffy in the end. I have a stand mixer and still choose this option sometimes because I don't want to lug that thing off the shelf.

LittleKitchen added about 3 years ago

whoops... I meant whisk.... not spatula.

Dsc04589
bklyncook added about 3 years ago

The whisk didn't work out so well, ( had a whisk FULL of creamed butter at one point) but a fork followed by a wooden spoon did the trick...