🔎

• 11

• 1035

nutcakes added almost 3 years ago

If you want to use up a good amount, try the quiche Tartine Bakery is famous for (among other things):
http://www.localforage...

Can you introduce us to your friend?

Image

Lucky you! There are >100 recipes on this site that use creme fraiche. Here's a link to all the editors' picks:

plevee added almost 3 years ago

No way, she's MY friend and makes an almond cake to kill for and the best sourdough bread in Oregon.

TheNostalgicBaker added almost 3 years ago

I love to use creme fraiche dolloped on a pear or apple tart.

You're a hoot, plevee! Enjoy your bounty!

prettyPeas added almost 3 years ago

I like it a lot in the many savory applications linked to with the site search, but I also enjoy one of the purest ways to appreciate its flavor--whipped creme fraiche. Just whip as you would whipping cream. You can keep it plain or add vanilla and sugar, or maple syrup. I love it with berries or some sort of fruit compote or crumble.

Dsc00426
vvvanessa added almost 3 years ago

i might make gelato or ice cream if i had that much creme fraiche hanging around. i also love it on chili or stews.

casadelmonte added almost 3 years ago

Quiche loves creme fraiche

plevee added almost 3 years ago

I made panna cotta with Tahitian beans and it was delicious. Thank you for all of your ideas.

Fc_macaroon_830

Joanne Chang is the pastry chef/owner of Flour Bakery+Cafe and chef/co-owner of Myers+Chang in Boston.

Whatever you do with it, save a bit of it to use as a starter for more creme fraiche - mix heavy cream with a bit of creme fraiche (abt 1/4 cup per quart) and leave out in a covered container in a warm place overnight. In the morning, stir it and if it's thickened you have new creme fraiche. If it's not thick let it sit out for a few more hours in a warm place.