🔎

What is your favorite lentil recipe?

Wholefoods_user_icon
Dsc00202

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

Mujaddara_with_spiced_yogurt This is a favorite around the office -- it is so simple and delicious. Definitely comfort food: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I happen to like, and use all the time, my own recipes for various lentil soups and stews. Those that I've posted here can be found by typing into the recipe search box "antoniajames lentils" (without the quotes). Also, keep in mind that brown masoor dal and French green or "puy" lentils can easily be substituted for one another. And, for the record, I really like the mujaddara with spiced yogurt referred to in another response. ;o)

sarah k. added almost 3 years ago

I keep lentils in the pantry at all times, and use them for both planned and last-minute meals, since they cook in less than an hour. My family really likes lentil soup with onions, carrots, celery sauteed in butter, then chicken broth and cooked lentils, and a bunch of breakfast or sweet or spicy Italian sausage, plus lots of pepper. And whatever else you have that needs to be tossed in. Some leftover tomato paste, or half a can of chopped tomatoes, chopped parsley, fresh thyme, chopped zucchini, or even chopped cabbage. It's really nice, every time. Especially with great crusty bread, toasted and heavily buttered.

Junechamp

Love lentils, and my favorite recipe is a terrine. Amazingly low in fat and high in flavor and every other good thing, If I omit the gelatin, it makes a sensational lentil salad!

sarah k. added almost 3 years ago

ChefJune, I read your response, and totally mixed up terrine in my head with tagine. I thought, what the devil? I've never heard of tagine with gelatin! :) I've never had a lentil terrine. Do you have a favorite recipe? Sounds intriguing. Actually, I'm fairly certain I've never had *any* sort of terrine.

Junechamp

@sarah k: send me your email I'll send you the recipe. ;)

Jeani_photo_160_size_from_blog_delightfulrepast
Jean | Delightful Repast added almost 3 years ago

Vegetarian_shepherds_pie Here's my favorite lentil recipe (one of my own):
http://delightfulrepast...