making a semi freddo; recipe says i have to use a metal loaf pan. all i have is glass. should i use other metal pan? what gives?

asked by @jestei over 4 years ago

Unless there's something unusual about the recipe you're using, I don't think it makes a difference. I make semifreddo almost every Christmas - my daughter's favorite - and use glass and metal pans interchangeably. Have never had any issues.

I agree with amysarah I have made semifreddo and frozen in a emile henry ceramic loaf pan and it worked perfectly.

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

shouldn't matter. I'd line pan w plastic wrap before filling, if you're going to unmold it and make it all pretty. But if you're scooping, you can skip it.

I actually prefer to use glass. I make semifreddo a lot and always use glass. It should be fine. I'm craving semifreddo its so delicious!

I agree with all answers - whenever i make semi freddo, i tend to use glass, but there's definitely wiggle room.

Voting yes to previous answers - glass works for me whatever works is good.