A question about a recipe: The New Englandah Burgah

072710f52_0198

I have a question about the recipe "The New Englandah Burgah" from Chef Jason and Merrill's "Maple Syrup & Dijon Vinegarette." I live in CT and have tons of family in MA & VT, so I have easy access and a cupboard full of great maple syrups. I use it quite frequently in year-round cooking. However, with so many different type of grades & varieties could you please let me know which grade you two used for your recipes? I plan on shopping today to make both recipes for dinner tonight on the deck.

asked by sexyLAMBCHOPx over 3 years ago
Merrill

I typically use whatever I have on hand for the vinaigrette, and I believe we used Grade A when we tested the Burgah. Truthfully, I don't think you can go wrong as long as the syrup is good -- and it sounds like it will be in your house!

I used Grade A for my burger. But you can use any kind you want or have. I have even made this with the um, I'd hate to say it...Fake stuff and it came out good. But not as good as with real maple syrup awesomeness.