🔎

• 2

• 639

Urgent! A question about a recipe: Sicilian Orange (with only a little Lemon) Raspberry Cake

This cake is making my mouth water.....will make this for the cafe I bake for. Two questions though:
1: You say add the raspberries w/the citrus to the processor, then again add the raspberries....perhaps this is a redundancy?
2: Are the chopped off bits of citrus rind going in the processor? You say remove the seeds and add the fruit chunks w/sugar....I'm assuming the rind goes in also?
Thanks for the clarifications:-)

Dsc_1487
Mt.view
Ozoz_profile
Kitchen Butterfly added almost 3 years ago

Thanks food grrrl,

1. Raspberry additions twice - redundant indeed and I've updated the recipe.
2. Yes, the rind goes in as well - I got the idea from this recipe with strawberries and whole lemons (but I removed some of the pith!) to balance the flavours and keep it from being too bitter! http://www.food52.com/blog...

Thank you for trying the recipe. I hope you like it.

Mt.view
food grrrl added almost 3 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply KB.....will let you know how it turns out (and if it's a hit). Enjoy the weekend:-)