🔎

hors doeuvres? High end

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870
Helen's All Night Diner added over 2 years ago

How about a crab cocktail served individually in those ceramic Chinese soup spoons? One of my favorites is bite sized pieces of chicken breast wrapped in proscuitto and a sage leaf, pan fried til crisp in butter & olive oil...

Foie gras slices quickly sizzled in duck fat with cornichons on the side. Or polenta squares with sauteed porcini mushrooms and white truffle shaved over to finish.

Junechamp

Depends upon what they are preceding. Or is this for a cocktail supper, where the whole thing will be hors d'oeuvres? Do you want to serve them passed or plated? Hot or cold? So many hors d'oeuvres to choose from, but the parameters do make a difference. Please give a bit more for us to go on.

Jampro
Bevi added over 2 years ago

Fresh figs halved and wrapped in prosciutto. Dates stuffed with mild goat cheese and wrapped in bacon. And I think that anything that is fresh from the garden and used in an hors d'oeuvre of any kind is top shelf.