Best use of tomato liquid that's leftover when roasting tomatoes?

I oven roasted a large tray of beautiful tomatoes for a roasted salsa recipe. I ended up with a lot of leftover tomato juice and seeds that leaked from the tomatoes during the roasting process. Any ideas for how to use this? I hate just to pour it down the sink.

asked by anntruelove about 3 years ago

I would use it anywhere that I might need a vegetable stock, albeit an acidic one. Risottos, soups, etc. Or use it deglaze a pan after browning any meat for a delicious sauce.

Buddhacat

Love both answers and I have used it when making any kind of pasta sauce that calls for tomatoes.

Cakes

Reduce it, refrigerate it, and pour it directly on fresh tomato slices. It's delicious. If you are freezing any of the roasted tomatoes, pour some of the liquid in to freeze as well, or freeze separately.

Flower-bee

There is also a method for cooking pasta that is very similar to that for risotto. The pasta will absorb the liquid directly and you won't need to dilute it any further.