🔎

Best use of tomato liquid that's leftover when roasting tomatoes?

I oven roasted a large tray of beautiful tomatoes for a roasted salsa recipe. I ended up with a lot of leftover tomato juice and seeds that leaked from the tomatoes during the roasting process. Any ideas for how to use this? I hate just to pour it down the sink.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Voted the Best Answer!

Use it in a vinaigrette with some red wine vinegar, olive oil and fresh herbs plus salt and pepper. It will taste so good. Makes my mouth water just to think about it!! ;o)

thibse added over 2 years ago

I would use it anywhere that I might need a vegetable stock, albeit an acidic one. Risottos, soups, etc. Or use it deglaze a pan after browning any meat for a delicious sauce.

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

Love both answers and I have used it when making any kind of pasta sauce that calls for tomatoes.

Jampro
Bevi added over 2 years ago

Reduce it, refrigerate it, and pour it directly on fresh tomato slices. It's delicious. If you are freezing any of the roasted tomatoes, pour some of the liquid in to freeze as well, or freeze separately.

Flower-bee
Droplet added over 2 years ago

There is also a method for cooking pasta that is very similar to that for risotto. The pasta will absorb the liquid directly and you won't need to dilute it any further.