🔎

• 2

• 1715

Urgent! A question about a recipe: Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter" from Genius Recipes. It says:

Due to force of habit, i ended up pureeing the skinned tomatoes, will that drastically affect the quality of the end product..Its simmering away right now, is there anything I shd do to bring it up to Marcellas standards..

2013-0715_marcella-sauce-035
Dsc_0122.nef-1
Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Hi Panfusine -- that sounds perfectly fine. When you use the food mill, it comes out pretty much that way anyway -- quite loose and liquid. Just simmer it until it's as thick as you like your sauce to be. It will be great!

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added over 2 years ago

Thanks Kristen, the texture appeared as soon as the liquid had evaporated sufficiently. It looks soo good & my kitchen smells heavenly, Can't wait to have it for dinner!