A question about a recipe: Corn Salad with Cilantro & Caramelized Onions

080911_101

I have a question about the recipe "Corn Salad with Cilantro & Caramelized Onions" from Ms. T.
How thick are the slices of pancetta ? Looking at the picture I would guess about 1/4 inch.
Also, I am wondering if this would be a good way to use left over corn on the cob. You could boil extra and chill it until the next day. Thanks!

asked by chefpatty about 3 years ago
Food54_profile_pic

Actually, I noticed from the photos that the test kitchen used much thicker pancetta than i usually use, and I'm assuming it turned out great, so I think it just depends on your prefence. Last time I made this, I used the pre-sliced, pre-packaged kind (probably about 1/8" thick) and that was fine too. I have even skipped the pancetta all together for veggie friends and it's still delicious. And yes, it's a great way to use leftover corn. I prefer the corn a little al dente, so I still would recommend the ice water plunge for the ears you plan to use later. Enjoy and let me know how it turns out!