A question about a recipe: Chicken Piri-Piri

Chicken_piri_piri_food52

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken Piri-Piri" from Maria Teresa Jorge.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to read between the lines to prepare the butter sauce. Do you slice/chop/mince the peppers? Or are they thrown in whole? How long should the sauce cook before it's ready to use for basting? The recipe as written makes it appear that it doesn't need to be long (i.e., the time it take you to split and salt the chix), but you're not going to get much of the garlic and pepper flavor infused into the butter in the matter of a few minutes.

asked by katylua almost 3 years ago
Image

Hi--I made it for editors' pick, and I smashed the garlic and left some of the seeds and ribs from the chiles in the butter sauce and it was quite spicy. In Portugal, they also serve the sauce on the side to dip the chicken in, and if you do that, you get tons of flavor and heat.

0005_copy

Hi katylua, you are right, I didn't explain the process very well. I have corrected recipe but just so I clarify the butter sauce, it's as drbabs says,the garlics are smashed with the pink skin on because it has a lot of flavour. the chillies I slice them thinly. If you do this prior to grilling the chicken, the sauce will be minimum 20 minutes infusing (time to grill a chiken).
Hope you make this recipe.

L1010826

Thanks, Ladies! I made the your chicken piri piri a week or so ago, and it was fabulous!

0005_copy

I'm really happy you made it and liked it. Good cooking katylua.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet