🔔
🔎

Looking for a certain cookbook

There is a book I came across a couple of years ago that was devoted entirely to American cookery, but I can't recall what the exact title of it was and I can't seem to find it. I remember that it had a photo on the cover of a collection of white ceramic dishes and a mug or a creamer (also white) and either the title font was red or there was a headnote band in red over which the title was written. It was out of print at the time so it is an older edition book. If this rings a bell with someone or if you happen to own it, would you please type the author's name. Thank you.

asked by Droplet over 3 years ago
5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

Try doing a Google image search for "American cookbook" or "old American cookbook" or "out of print American cookbook." You might recognize one of the covers.

Buddhacat

Is it Masters of American Cookery: M. F. K. Fisher, James Beard, Craig Claiborne, Julia Child (At Table) - Betty Fussell? It has white ceramic dishes on the cover. Also, when you do the google search that Syronai recommends hit images and you will see thousands of covers. Good luck!

I'm going along with SKK on James Beard's "American Cookery". I lost the dust jacket 20 years ago so I can't remember what they stuck on it. Nonetheless it's a great book.

Are you thinking of "American Home Cooking" by Cheryl and Bill Jamison? It has white dishware on the cover with a red band with the title. Great book. James Beard and IACP winner in 2000.

Imag0055

My copy of Cheryl and Bill Jamison's "American Home Cooking" has old-fashioned white ceramic dishes on the cover with a kind of sepia background. The title on mine is in black but there is a red one. ISBN: 0-7679-0201-7. Publ. 1999.

American-home-cooking-over-300-spirited-recipes-celebrating-bill-jamison-paperback-cover-art

Wholefoods_user_icon

I think you should play with the google search idea and use both American Cookery and then American cookbooks. Also click on the shopping icon to the left to see what is on the market. Once you have the author there are several great book dealers who can probably get you a copy, if they don't already have one. Or go to some of the rare book dealers to search their inventory, too. Let us know when you find the right one!

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

I think SKK and Pierino are right.

Book

Wholefoods_user_icon

If so, there is an edition available right on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Masters...

Chris_in_oslo

No, I'm betting on American Home Cooking--it has the creamer and the red. http://www.google.com/imgres...

Wholefoods_user_icon

If it is that one, you can also buy copies on amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/o...

Is this it? (Publication date 1972)

Imag0751

Flower-bee

Thanks everyone. Mrssprat and Mainecook61, this is the one :). I tried searching American Cookery, Cooking in America, turns out it's American Cooking...