A question about a recipe: Farmer's Market Peach Crumb Pie

Piepics_036

I have a question about the ingredient "cinnamon" on the recipe "Farmer's Market Peach Crumb Pie" from ashley_samuel_pierson.

Isn't 1\4 cup an awful lot of cinnamon? Also, how come so much sugar?

asked by ellenj about 3 years ago
Ehanhan4

So... from baking a lot and glancing at other measurements, I'm going to assume it was a mistaken click. That should be 1/4 teaspoon, not 1/4 cup.

Yes, that is what I figured, BUT proofreading a recipe before posting is important.

3-bizcard

I just looked over the recipe and noticed it calls for 3 1/4 cups of sugar which is a huge amount of sugar for 5 peaches. Maybe Ashley will see this and make adjustments its possible she meant 3/4 cup sugar and we know its 1/4 tsp cinammon.

Img_0022_profile

Hi Ellenj,
Yes, it was just clicked on wrong, I made the corrections. Yes, I did proofread, but it still was missed. Sometimes it's just one of those days! Sorry about the mistake.
Thanks for the input!!

3-bizcard

It happens to all of us, I left the main ingredient out of the list of ingredients and proof read the recipe multiple times. The pie sounds absolutely delicious!

Img_0022_profile

Thanks sdebrango,
That honestly makes me feel much better! Have a great night, and again, thanks for the kind words!!
Ashley

Hi ashley_samuel_pierson, While I was asking ingredient questions, my husband was actually baking the pie. He made the crust using his favorite recipe, he is the pie baker in the house, but made your peach filling and topping. The pie is delicious.

Img_0022_profile

Ellenj,
I am so glad you enjoyed it!