🔕 🔔

Does anyone have any good winter squash recipes??

asked by suann47 about 5 years ago

Hi suann47. Winters squash of all stripes has been a hot topic here on foodpickle. Here are all the questions and their answers over the past two weeks or so. Have fun!

In addition to the links for recipes in my other foodpickle answers, I'd love to suggest that roasted winter squash, lightly crushed with a potato masher, into which you've stirred a small spoonful of creme fraiche per serving, or a touch of butter, topped with a tiny pinch of coarse sea salt, is simply divine. Just let the gorgeous flavor of the squash speak for itself! Add a spoonful of maple syrup and a dash of mace or cinnamon, and you've got dessert! I love the stuff. (Can you tell?!) ;o)

I make a butternut squash coconut curry (here on Food52) that I love and also make butternut squash "fries" in the oven...like making baked French fries. You could also sub squash for pumpkin in a pie!