A question about a recipe: World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki

052411f_444

I have a question about the ingredient "dried chickpeas, rinsed well and soaked overnight" on the recipe "World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki" from marisab67.
I soaked the chickpeas over night and have let them dry. Do I need to cook them too? (Some sites are saying that after soaking they need to be cooked.)
Thanks.

asked by JenMunn almost 3 years ago
Image

No. There's a slide show on the recipe page of Amanda and Merrill making the dish. They dry the soaked chickpeas on sheet pans lined with paper towels and then put them directly into the food processor.

Hilary_sp1

I did not cook them when I made the recipe last week. I soaked them for a little longer than "overnight" about 13 hours total.

Nog

Definately no cooking or they will be mushy. I also made this and soaked them overnight and dried them and popped them into the processor - it was declious! The only change I made was to chop the cucumbers by hand as we like a little bit more texture in the tzatziki then would have happened if I put them in the processor with the rest of the ingredients.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet