🔎

• 9

• 2617

3-bizcard

I think a yellow cake with a whipped cream or swiss meringue buttercream would be delicious.

I love the idea of whipped cream icing, too - keeps the flavors nice and light. Maybe some lime juice and zest in the cake?

epicker added over 2 years ago

i make a coconut cake with a mango filling - i've made it with both a white 7 minute frosting with toasted coconut and a chocolate ganache glaze. both were delicious!

Ehanhan4
nomnivorous added over 2 years ago

all this talk of a whipped cream frosting sounds delightful. a simple white or yellow cake, and lime, coconut, ginger, or berries would be good with the mango, depending on the direction you want to take it.

ATG117 added over 2 years ago

I would likewise suggest yellow cake. And I agree with nomnivorous as far as the flavor combos she suggests. But I think you could just as easily make an American or meringue buttercream as opposed to the whipped cream. I particularly like the idea of raspberries and mango, but given the end of berry season, it might be best to go with one of the other flavor combos. Or if you have more than one layer, you can use the mango filling in between one and raspberry jam in between the other. I also think you can do a chocolate ganache frosting, with great results.

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm
beyondcelery added over 2 years ago

Cardamom also goes well with mango. I'd do a simple yellow cake with a dash of cardamom added, frosted with coconut frosting.

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added over 2 years ago

Sdebrango's got it! Plus some fresh coconut!

How_to_make_a_custard_part_1

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

fresh ginger, lime zest, tamarind, lychee, coconut, lemongrass, szechuan peppercorn, cardamon.

hint: for the sugar in the recipe: grind in food processor with any of these ingredients, especially citrus zest, and you will be able to perfume your cake batter better.

Family_feb2012_-_version_2
garlic&lemon added over 2 years ago

I made this Tres Leches Cake with coconut for my son's birthday a couple of years ago. The recipe calls for strawberries and kiwis on top, but I used mangos. Super!
http://www.epicurious.com...