A question about a recipe: Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Corn and Cilantro

09070f52_me_0215

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Corn and Cilantro" from Oui, Chef. It says:

"At the one hour mark, remove tOnly chicken stock??he pan, peel the charred skin from the tomatoes and peppers, and squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins. Place the skinned tomatoes, peppers, garlic and shallots in a medium pot with the pimenton and chicken stock, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
"

asked by Jleehp almost 3 years ago
Me

The question came up garbled on the site; can you re-post?

How would vegetable stock (rather than chicken stock change the flavor, and how far ahead can I make before serving ... Or how long will it last??

Me

It is not my recipe, but I have successfully subbed veggie stock for chicken stock in many recipes with strong flavors such as this with no dramatic change in flavor. This is a great soup, BTW; I've made a big batch of it and had leftovers for several days. The flavors actually get more intense after a day.

Thank you! The flavor is fabulous, but I did not add paprika, rather sprinkled the tomatoes w/ balsamic vinegar during prep stage. Love the recipe, but making today for Sunday brunch.

Wssmom ... Like your profile ... Lots of similarities

Steve_dunn02

I agree with wssmom, there are so many bold flavors in this soup that subbing veggie for the chicken stock should result in no noticeable difference. Hope you like it in the end. - S